DBA Campaign Febuary 10th

Moderator: Rune H K

Wkeyser

DBA Campaign Febuary 10th

Postby Wkeyser » Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:18

I put this on Powerfist but I thought it would be good here also.

William

We are running a DBA Campaign at Danskfigurspil Forening in Fredriksberg as a one day event, we are opening it up to any one who would like to join use, space is limited so let us know here if you would like to join. We will have a teaching evening of the rules and a short overview of the campaign on the 7th of February and the campaign will be on the 10th of February.

I’m running a one-day campaign based on the Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage in the 3rd century BC. The rule system will be the old DBA 2.2. It’s one of the simplest rule sets constructed and each army has only 12 elements. A battle is over within one hour and frequently quicker. For that reason, I expect the whole campaign to be finished in one day.

Each player will control one nation and fight battles, conduct diplomacy, negotiate alliances, subjugate neighbours or become a client king themselves. Diplomacy plays a large role in determining the winner so mastery of DBA is not very important.

I have everything needed for the campaign so you don’t need to have any figures or even knowledge of the game system. For those that have never played before DBA I recommend attending the practice session on 7 February. I might save you the embarrassment of being completely wiped out in your first battle.
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

Thomas Theis Nielsen
Site Admin

Re: DBA Campaign Febuary 10th

Postby Thomas Theis Nielsen » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 12:44

Jeg ville supergerne være med, men tidspunktet er helt i hegnet for mig... :( Kan vi ikke gøre det (også) som onsdagsprojekt?
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Erik Boklund

Postby Erik Boklund » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 22:41

Er ikke sikker på at jeg kan alligevel, skal lige have styr på et par ting før jeg ved det endeligt.

/Erik
"No plan survives contact with the enemy."

-Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

Thomas Persson

Postby Thomas Persson » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 07:16

I can easily arrange DBA game evenings on Wednesdays as I have, now on the 7:th. I can easily add more. For a Campaign, that wouldn't work. The idea of a Saturday for a campaign is that it will finish in one day. Since diplomacy figures so heavily in the Campaign, it wouldn't work if it was played over several weeks with different players each time.

Best regards

Thomas

Wkeyser

Postby Wkeyser » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 10:03

Hi Thomas
I think we should take a look at running the campaign over two wednesdays as I think right now we only have Jens and Stefan who can make it, and I think Stefan is not sure.

I think we can get the same people for two wednesdays.

By the way sorry I did not respond to your email, but yes we have macadoneons and greeks.
William
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

Jens F Hansen

Postby Jens F Hansen » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 11:33

:cry:
Adventures famous last words: I think the dragon is sleeping.

Jens F Hansen

Postby Jens F Hansen » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 06:36

Thx for a great game yesterday.

As winner of the first campaign :D I am looking forward to the 18 of march where I will trimuph again.
Adventures famous last words: I think the dragon is sleeping.

Return to “År: ???? - 800 : Oldtid og Antikken”