Slaget udenfor skoven.... Early Imperial roamns vs Germans

Billeder fra slag m.v.

Moderator: Thomas Theis Nielsen

Thomas J

Slaget udenfor skoven.... Early Imperial roamns vs Germans

Postby Thomas J » Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:34

Her er lidt billeder fra slaget i igår

Den romerske legion venter spændt på at se hvad de teutoniske horder vil kaste i mod dem

Germanerne stiller op

Legatus har fundet sig et godt udsigtspunkt hvorfra han kan observere de fjendlige masser
Manager of The Pink Panthers
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!
Stop talking start dipping!

Thomas J

Re: Slaget udenfor skoven.... Early Imperial Romans vs Germans

Postby Thomas J » Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:35

Romerne virker ikke synderligt rystet over de vilde hyl som lyder fra skoven...

Og de garvede legionærer tager sig en slapper inden det går løs...

Stenslynger fra de Baleariske øer sendes frem for at tirre germanerne

Og der virker.... Tyskerne smider tøjet og går til angreb :-\
Last edited by Thomas J on Fri 22 Jan, 2010 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!

Thomas J

Re: Slaget udenfor skoven.... Early Imperial roamns vs Germans

Postby Thomas J » Thu 21 Jan, 2010 09:36

Germanerne sender en pileregn ind over legionærerne, som preller af på de solide scuti

Hvorefter germanerne kaster sig mod de romerske skjoldmure

Slaget bølger frem og tilbage

Men det romerske bolværk holder stand og de overlevende teutoner må slukøret luske tilbage til skoven for at samle kræfter til endnu en forsøg på at bryde det romerske åg (næste uge)

mvh
Thomas
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!

Wkeyser

Postby Wkeyser » Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:38

Yeah the swinging door is maybe a little to complex a battle plan for those Tutenwald thugs!

But great pictures and a geat game.
William
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

torbenlouis

Postby torbenlouis » Thu 21 Jan, 2010 17:29

I want to thank Thomas/William for their great instruction into the rules.
Williams shouting all the time "Learn the rules!" was very helpful - I thougt it was
a sincere wish for us to better ourselves.

I was not aware at the time that he was more scared of what the outcome of the battle would be.

Being thoroughly thrashed by 3 dimwits without a clue. Obviosly had we known the rules -
had we known how to play - he could have said "at least I lost to worthy opponents".

so now its just "outwitted by dimwits"

look forward to the replay Wednesday.

However - quick questions
There were beserkers Geasatii on the table - but these my only be used prior to 200 bc? Issue?

Gaesatii are classed as surperior sword - armored. They are naked! In DBM they are three to a wide base. In FoG they can be MF (from the hills) or heavy (from the valleys). How should we base 'em? I have already 8 bases 3-to a wide base. Am doing 8 bases sword - 4 to a thin base. Comments?
Geasati need there own general - correct?

What are Soldurii?

rgds
Somebody said it couldn't be done - but he with a chuckle replied - that maybe it couldn't - but he would be one - who wouldn't say so - till he'd tried.

Thomas J

Postby Thomas J » Fri 22 Jan, 2010 09:58

Yes quite a hard blow been bested by you guys :wink:
Luckily we has Jens on our side rolling dices with a night average of 1 point 019 :shock:

Looking forward to the rematch :D

Gaesatii? Where did you see any Gaesatii?
To the Romans it might have looked Gaesatii'sh but all I saw was some naked Germans trying to pretend to be some sort of ancient elite fighting warrior cast from Gaul. Think of Boney M - looking like the real deal from the Caribbeans but were in fact hailing from Munich. Same - Same!

Torben! You are prob. looking at the Gallic army list, where they have the Gaesatii option.
What we played Wednesday was the Early German list. No superior warbands - only average tribe guys. - Except for the option for taking Gallic allies in 100 BC. We played ca 60 AD during the Batavian uprising - and therefore the option for taking Batavian deserters

In FOG both the Gaesatiis and the Solduriis are based as HF - 4 figs to a base 15mm deep (the thin base) So this is the correct way of basing them. Doesn't matter with the ones that you have already based- Lets just pretend that these MF hill tribes have been inspired by the Gaesatii nakedness....

The Solduriis are also warbands - most often portrayed as been more heavily armored than their other colleagues.

You do not need seperate generals for these guys.

regards
Thomas
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!

Wkeyser

Postby Wkeyser » Sat 23 Jan, 2010 11:23

Torben stated. "I want to thank Thomas/William for their great instruction into the rules.
Williams shouting all the time "Learn the rules!" was very helpful - I thougt it was
a sincere wish for us to better ourselves."

Well yes and no, what I am trying to do is two fold, first I think there is an over reliance in the club for the 4-5 people who put on games. They not only have to put on the game but usually know and teach the rules. Second is that when you know the rules you go beyond just pushing the figures and start figuring out the tactics depicted by the rules?

On the second issue by running the same game for an entire month I am hoping that the players will start to read the rules and bring that knowledge to the table. One of the more interesting aspects of games like Field of Glory is the concept of building armies. I know that this is a little un-historical but it does make you think about how you play and transfer that to the way you build the armies. I firmly believe that you get much more enjoyment from games like FOG if you not only know the rules but build the army around your take on the period.

On the first by playing a series of games it should give the gamer a chance to learn the rules and hopefully something about the period within the framework of those rules. In getting the gamers to have more of a "buy in" to the games hopefully we will see two things happen. First more members running games. Second less teaching of the rules at the games.

Having said that one of my goals of my insane "gaming plan" is that it gives every one some time to look at upcoming games and perhaps spark some interest about get into the period by painting a few figures for the games and perhaps learning the rules. It seems that some of this might be meeting success as I heard at the last club game that Marcus wants to run a Gladiator campaign, and Torben has posted the idea of playing a number of Wooden Ships and Iron men on a regular bases. All this bodes well for the club.

William the delusional :shock:
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

Jens Glad Lind

Postby Jens Glad Lind » Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:12

Learning rules.......painting figures......figuring things out by ourselves.....what's the world comming to :!: :!: :!: :wink:

Thomas Theis Nielsen
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Theis Nielsen » Sat 23 Jan, 2010 15:07

Lad os alle folde hænderne og ihukomme en af foreningens store øjeblikke:

DET ER JO FULDSTÆNDIGT UREALISTISK!!!
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Jens Glad Lind

Postby Jens Glad Lind » Sun 24 Jan, 2010 16:40

Ku' ikk' ha' sagt det bedre selv :lol: :lol: :D :wink:

Return to “Billeder”