Manager of The Pink Panthers
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!
Stop talking start dipping!

Wkeyser

Re: Pendraken SYW

Post by Wkeyser » Wed 29 Feb, 2012 10:02

Hi Jens
I would say you are the odds on favorite over on the painting site. The figures look fantastic and Thomas has done a great job. As any photographer will tell you the subject matter does not make a great photo :wink: it is all in the camera :wink: :wink:

William
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

Thomas J

Post by Thomas J » Wed 29 Feb, 2012 10:21

Wkeyser wrote:Hi Jens
I would say you are the odds on favorite over on the painting site. The figures look fantastic and Thomas has done a great job. As any photographer will tell you the subject matter does not make a great photo :wink: it is all in the camera :wink: :wink:

William
and photoshop :wink: :wink:

thanks for the kind words :D ... but I now really feel like Jens and I are part of The Three Stooges :(

.....After have re-read the entry rules for the different categories I realized that we did it wrong again :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The wording is a bit ambiguous.... But it seems that only one base can be displayed on the pictures :x
So the cavalry and greanadiers need to be entered in the "Open for all" catagory instead of where they were ment to be entered :| :| :|

:evil:
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!

Thomas Theis Nielsen
Site Admin

Post by Thomas Theis Nielsen » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:44

Ay caramba!
Men det er måske også en kende perfide regler at stille op? Om det lige er en eller flere baser - det ændrer jo ikke ved eye-candy mængden i billederne!
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Jens Glad Lind

Post by Jens Glad Lind » Tue 06 Mar, 2012 22:46

Wkeyser wrote:Hi Jens

William
Apparently not. Not even a distant 2nd could be drummed up. Ah well.....there's always next year.
See here for winners:
http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.p ... 798.0.html
Some things though where to to me a bit strange.
Rules: "Entries will be judged on the painting first and foremost"
Grounds for deciding the winner : "This one had two clear favourites, the judges this time favouring the scratchbuilding and conversion work on two of the entries. Other entries did well in this category, and it was tricky for the judges to pick their favourites"
:? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :?

Jonas Juhlin

Post by Jonas Juhlin » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 12:04

Jeg tror helt seriøst at dommerne har stemt på deres egen venner.
A man to continue breathing must be alert at all times. If not, sometime a German Son-of-a-Bitch will sneak up behind him and beat him to death with a sock full of shit. -General Patton, Speech to the 3rd US Army 1944

Jens Glad Lind

Post by Jens Glad Lind » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 12:10

Ja....noget kunne tyde på det :wink:
Men hvad......så må man jo prøve igen :D
Jeg tror det bliver et projekt til næste, at gøre sig ekstra umage og male figurer specielt til deres konkurrencer :twisted:

Wkeyser

Post by Wkeyser » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 12:58

Hi Jens
I have been a painting judge for HMGS the guys who run Cold Wars and Historicon, and I can tell you your figures should have been in the top two slots. I would have put yours as the top one. A couple where very good but just painting inside the lines does not make them better, and this tends to be the issue when you have a lot of the black line technique going on. Most people think that it makes the figure look better, but I think they look much "heavier" and in fact much more unrealistic and do nothing for the figures but make them look like cartoons :wink: :wink: But as in all artistic endeavors beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

William
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

Jens Glad Lind

Post by Jens Glad Lind » Wed 07 Mar, 2012 13:16

To be honest it wasn't a question wheather I should win or not. A couple of other entrys didn't get picked and I thought they were absolutely greatlooking. One problem, in my opinion, is as an example the fantasy. You have 6 entrys 1 gets 1st place and the remaining 5 gets 2nd :!: :!: :!: It just doesn't quite add up :!:
But still.....come nexy year I think Thomas and I will try to do someting special....like scratchbuild something :idea: :lol: :lol:

Thomas J

Post by Thomas J » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 08:47

Jens Glad Lind wrote:T....Thomas and I will try to do someting special....like scratchbuild something :idea: :lol: :lol:
jep :D
and maybe also read the entry requirements BEFORE we start shooting and painting :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!

Claus Paludan
Site Admin

Post by Claus Paludan » Thu 08 Mar, 2012 09:09

Thomas Jantzen wrote: jep :D
and maybe also read the entry requirements BEFORE we start shooting and painting :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What??? Reading the manual??? HERECTIC!!!
Iceman(US): NVA kills : 1
Death From Above
Supreme Webmaster @ Danish Miniature Wargaming Society
Årets øffer - 2003
Chief of Grief

Jens Glad Lind

Post by Jens Glad Lind » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:13

Så blev også "people's choice-award". Her kom jeg på en respektabel 3. plads :D
http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.p ... 815.0.html