To the Strongest Medieval 22nd August

Moderator: Rune H K

Wkeyser

To the Strongest Medieval 22nd August

Post by Wkeyser » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 12:22

Hi Guys
Will play To the Strongest Medieval battle not sure what on the 22nd August.

Room for four players, games go quick so should be able to get two games in. You can pick up the pdf of the rules here. https://bigredbatshop.co.uk/

William
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

"Wargaming is a continuation of reading history by other means"

Wkeyser

Re: To the Strongest Medieval 22nd August

Post by Wkeyser » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 05:43

Looks like we have enough intrest in this so I am looking at Saturday in September!

William
"Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery."

Michael Høyer

Post by Michael Høyer » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 07:17

I am game
Michael Høyer

I confess, I have shiny models syndrome.

We get answers that don't answer;
Explanations that don't explain;
And conclusions that don't conclude
- Fred Hampton

Wkeyser

Post by Wkeyser » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 12:23

Hi Guys thanks for the game last night.

I have to apologize I made some mistakes.

First the lights holding up the knights felt wrong but once i read the rules again I found the problem. First the light infantry have to try to evade if they do fine they move back as we did in a couple of charges, however, if they fail to evade the Kights fight them and the lights cannot fight back and if they survive they must do their evade move. So those lights would not have held up the knights.

Bow fire, again some big mistakes when firing they can fire twice (two to hit cards) which cost two ammo. They also fight in melee with a 8+ to hit not +6. So they would have not stood up so well against the pikes and dismounted knights. Xbows can only fire once, so even though range the same the bows can out shoot the xbows.

The gereral on the flank that bravely ran away. Well it seems, if he is not hit in the melee, he is displaced to any unit in his command. So that we did kind of right.

Also the "blue glass bead" the general can only re-doe a card draw for a unit in his command in his box. So a little bit harder to command stuff.

I am going to try and replay that game before next wednesday so if you guys are intrested let me know.

William