Forespørgsel om bannerne fra hjemmesiden

Moderator: Rune H K

Nicolai Bang Foss

Forespørgsel om bannerne fra hjemmesiden

Post by Nicolai Bang Foss » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 14:19

En herre har skrevet til mig med en forespørgsel om de bannere der ligger på vores download side - nogen der kan byde ind med noget fornuftigt?

"I happened to notice on your website a reference to William Montague and two banners for the Earls of Salisbury. The main flag is 'Argent, three fusils conjoined in fess gules' but here is also a picture of another with three roundels/pellets sable?

I am very interested in this particular banner as this also appears in the 1634 visitation for Buckinghamshire and is related to the Montague family of Boveney.

I am a direct descendant of that family and the origin of this coat of arms is still a mystery so can you please advise where the source is for the said arms? The text reads......'Two arms are mentioned, the three lozenges which are the ancient arms of Montague and the version with the roundels sable is mentioned in connection with the Earls of Salisbury'.

I would be very grateful if you have any information on this as evidence like this is very rare indeed"

Thomas J

Re: Forespørgsel om bannerne fra hjemmesiden

Post by Thomas J » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 16:21

Hvis det var et "hvem vil være millionær?"-spørgsmål, så tror jeg at vi var ved at nærme os 1 million kr sprøgsmålet... 8)
Tror at det er på tide at bruge en livline...

Var det ikke Rune kramer, som I sin tid fornøjede sig med at lave alle disse flotte flag?
Last edited by Thomas J on Thu 26 Mar, 2015 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Manager of The Pink Panthers
Årets Øffer 2004

The clock’s ticking!
Stop talking start dipping!

Thomas Theis Nielsen
Site Admin

Post by Thomas Theis Nielsen » Thu 26 Mar, 2015 17:22

Det er rigtigt. Han skal skrive til Rune kramer på Rune.kramer (at) gmail.com
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Nicolai Bang Foss

Post by Nicolai Bang Foss » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:39

10-4 :D